Any green leaf that you can turn into a chip is alright by us. But kale chips take a long time to make (and, oh yeah, an oven), but you know what doesn’t? This easy kale avocado tuna salad that will fuel your brain, curb your hanger, and be in you belly in under 10 minutes.
You’ll get your fill of greens from the kale and an omega fix from the tuna, but the healthiest part is the lack of mayo. The creamy, fattiness comes from the mashed avocado. Hungry yet?
Here’s what I often use in my kale avocado tuna salad, but obviously get creative with your fixings/ whatever’s in the van.
Ingredients (for 2 hungry people)
- 1 bushel of kale
- Sliver of onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1 small avocado
- 2 – 3 dill pickles
- 3 radishes
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
Directions (for the least hangry of the two):
- Tear the kale leaves from the stem (that part is bitter, tough, and unpleasant raw) and place in a large bowl
- Drizzle in olive oil and massage. This means kneading the kale leaves as you would dough. Do it until you notice the leaves shrink and bruise slightly, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze 1/4 of lemon onto the salad and give it a stir
- Dice tomatoes, onion, radish (or whatever your choose) and add to kale bowl
- Drain tuna and put into a separate bowl
- Add in avocado to tuna bowl and mash together
- Dice pickles and mix into tuna/avo
- Scoop your tuna salad onto your kale creation, and enjoy. Well done!